Wards of Court Applications

When a person becomes unable to manage his or her assets because of mental incapacity and there is no Enduring Power of Attorney in place, an application can be made to the courts for this person to become a Ward of Court. The court must make a decision as to whether the person is capable of managing his or her own property for his or her own benefit and the benefit of his or her dependants. If it is decided that the person cannot manage his or her own property because of mental incapacity, a Committee is appointed to control the assets on the Ward's behalf. Our experienced solicitors will advise and assist you in respect of all aspects of this application.